D2Hs EH-6 AC Adaptor

Hi:

I need to clean my sensor and I have just bought a sensor brush and cleaning fluid, etc. I now need the

EH-6 AC adaptor but I can't find any in stock. Anyone have any help on finding one?

Do I in fact need it to clean to sensor? I can get access to the sensor by Mirror Lock-up then Bulb but is

this foolish and risky?

Thanks

Michael Lenzi

Good luck with that!

I own a D2x and also needed the EH-6. Not available anywhere. I waitlisted myself at

Amazon.com and waited for months.

I finally gave up when it was announced that the new D2x firmware due out this fall will let

you clean the sensor without the EH-6. I believe that at the same time a D2Hs firmware

upgrade will offer the same feature to you. Most probably the firmware upgrade will be

available before the EH-6!

Since my sensor is not dirty, I will just wait for the firmware.

If your sensor is dirty, the recommendation I have read at various websites is to lock the

camera in BULB. If you have the MC-30 or similar remote, it has a lock feature that lets you

lock the shutter safely without worrying about your finger slipping off the shutter button.

Using the MC-30 sounds like a good option but it too seems to be out of stock. Anyone used

the Addidt remote cord knock off of the MC-30? It is about $10. Or any other non-Nikon

compatible release cords?