Questions about Peel & Stick Albums

Hello,

I wonder if any one has tried Renaissance, Ventura Self-Mount "Economy Line"

albums or Renaissance "the book - self mount albums"(from Michael's company).

They are very inexpensive, so I am wondering what the quality is like. I

cater to "low-budget" brides/grooms. I have been using sharedink.com for my

albums. They are nice, but somewhat lacking. I am looking for another

alternative and I'm wondering if the Peel and Stick Albums are any good.

Thanks.

Kim, at Storybook Pages, we've used Renaissance RTB Self-Mount albums as well as Art Leather i-mount albums. As I remember, the RTBs have the peel and stick only around the edges - about 1/2" wide. With the Art Leather i-mount albums, the whole page surface is peel and stick. I think the Art Leather makes a better mount - but you do have to be careful to do it right.

Also, they have different leathers and cover opening options. Make sure you check out several vendors.

I use alot of the IMounts by Art Leather for albums and the engagement guest books. It's a little tricky getting them to line-up properly but once you know how, not too tuff. Talk to your local Art Leather rep and they'll show you the "trick" to mount them. In the guest book below I've mounted an 8x8 print on the left and 8x8 black cardstock on the right.<div>00Ge0D-30128284.jpg.6b86a30b22ccf96b6faff3423e57b265.jpg</div>

The last time I dabbled in peel and stick albums was about twenty years ago and the word on the street then was that the adhesive was bad for the prints'longevity. Has this changed? Adhesives have moved on by miles since then but it would be useful if someone in the know could confirm or deny from a position of authority.

Thank you for the reassurance re safety. The pages I remember being problematic years ago were those which were like the amateur tacky albums which are still available. Where the whole area of the print was in contact with the low-tack adhesive it caused chemicals to leach from one to another and the prints faded. The new system sounds much better.

• 2 years later...

Peel and stick album/wedding photo album/digital photo album/slip-in album with insert/wedding dvd case,etc.I'd like

you to visit our website www.58mr.com ,hope there are some products interesting you,thank everyone here.Sam<div>00RDyP-80755584.jpg.148280f69a9781359c5c10e7bf0db02b.jpg</div>