multiple exposures for blending with D200 on tripod

macgregor_anderson

I just upgraded from a D100 to a D200 and I've got a question. For work

recently I started blending multiple exposures in photoshop bracketed a few

stops apart. I shot with my D100 from a tripod with exposure bracketing

turned on. And I used a good old fashioned screw in cable release.

It's a good thing that D100 had the retro style cable release, because I

couldn't figure out any other way to fire multiple shots without touching the

camera.

My D200 has no cable release hole. I've gone through the manual and found no

way to set multiple exposures that are bracketed by a few stops using the

timer. I didn't even find anything in the manual about wireless remote

operation. I'm assuming that's a possibility.

I can use my D100 for work. But I'm thinking about trying some blending for

landscape stuff and I'd sure like to bracket without bumping the camera.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mac

Thanks, I'm an idiot and missed it. Nothing in the index under remote. But I hadn't made it to the accessory page. I think I was more focused on finding a timer option.

Did a forum search for D200 blending instead of remote...or I would have seen that discussion too.

I guess there is just no work around on this with the timer. Understandable...Nikon needs more of my money.

I'll get another battery and a remote. Thanks for the help.

<I've gone through the manual and found no way to set multiple exposures that are bracketed by a few stops using the timer.> Sad, but true. The Nikon MC-36, MC-30 and MC-20 are 10-pin cables that will do the job. The 30 is the least expensive w/ basic button and lock...36 is most expensive w/ electronic timer, intervalometer and LED screen.

Hi

I have read in this post about de Dot Line Remote Release. I suposse its an alternative to the original MC-30.

The problem is that im from spain and here is really difficult to find a MC-30.

Does somebody know who is the manufacturer of this Dot Line Remote Release? A web page? Or the distributors in Spain?

Thanks in advance, Carlos

you can set the D200 to fire a sequence. you set how many shots and how far apart in time and even when you want it to fire after you push the trigger. maybe try setting the bracket option to how you like it then fire it under the sequence option and see if both will work together?

There are two ways to shoot multiple exposures on your D200. The first is Image Overlay, accessed from the Shooting Menu. You can combine any two images as long as both were taken in NEF. The second way is to access Multiple Exposures from the Shooting Menu. You can do it for 2 to 10 images and you can let the camera determine the exposure computation adjustments by selecting "auto gain". Or you can set the expossure for each image manually. Check out all of this in your d 200 manual. Joe Smith

"<i>Too bad MacGregor didn't ask for anything of what your pointing him to... </i>" and exactly what in <i>your</i> witty retort was solicited, Andreas? At least Joe was in the multiple exposure ball park and not just being a judgmental twit... t <p>(this post suitable and eligible for immediate deletion... my apologies, but twits need a little tweaking every now and then)

> and exactly what in your witty retort was solicited, Andreas? At least Joe was in the multiple exposure ball park and not just being a judgmental twit... t

Well, it seems your seeing much more "wit" in my "retort" than I meant to be there. I was simply trying to point out to Joseph that he was providing a correct answer to the wrong question. Or to put it your way: *I* was at least *trying* to help, how about you?

Andreas

There was a thread several weeks ago about a really cheap shutter release on ebay for $15 (including shipping) from China for Nikon DSLRs. I ordered one for my D200 (what the heck- all I could waste was $15) and it arrived in about a week and works great. It even has a locking mechanism for long Bulb exposures.

It was $5 plus $10 for shipping- by registered air!

You may want to check it out. The seller's ebay name is forever_colourful.

Good luck- Bob

can we achieve what MacGregor wishes to do without a remote release? If one was to use the "interval Timer Shooting" under the camera icon in the menu, could bracketing not work when one sets up the desired amount of shots? I don't have my d200 handy to try, but one would think you could set your bracket choices, then go into interval timer shooting mode and get it to take five or six, hopefully bracketed, shots.