HP Photosmart Pro B9180

Sal --

I just picked-up my prints from the friend of mine that works for HP and all I can say is

WOW! I am putting my 8750 up for sale and getting one of these!

My first impression was that the colors while not quite as vibrant as the 8750 still have a

beautiful pop/quality to them. This is not to say that they lack anything it is just slightly

different but not to the extent to take anything away from the image or the colors

themselves. The blacks are definately richer and/or deeper than the 8750. In one image,

which I have also printed on the 8750, the overall tone seems to be better and does not

fade towards the white end instead of retaining the tones that existed in the B&W image

(hopefully this is making sense...).

I should also say that there was no control over the image output. I was simply able to

provide them with two files, saved as jpeg's and see what came back to me. That said, the

images are fairly true to what I see upon my screen. Not sure what paper was used but am

pretty sure that it is the new one that was announced with the printer...it definately wasn't

either the matte or glossy finish that was available for the 8750.

Anyway, Sal, I hope that this helps. If you have any questions that I might be able to

answer feel free to fire away and I will get back to you. As for me, I am sold and plan on

selling my slightly used 8750 in order to pick-up the 9180.

Best regards -- Bishop