and the reason ya buying the M8 is?

travis1

"I think it's great. It puts Leica in a more viable position for professionals in an industry where so many clients now expect it all right away digitally. For shooters who use the M range professionally, it's a tremendous camera assuming it performs as we're all hoping it does. For everyone else, it's a great camera and a luxury that must be justified with the pleasure of using it rather than any financial rationale."

I agree exactly. I see pro's who have Leica glass getting one or having their employer get one for them, and using it for certain assignments. Those certain "must have the newest/greatest", $$$ was mever an issue, you know who you are. ;*)

"John, 5 grand is not the baseline you should use, rather the price difference between a M7 and a M8, $1500 or so. That covers about one year's film and processing for me."

Actually as much as I would like an M8, I already have an M6 & 35mm Asph. I've been looking at a 75mm or 50mm and the problem I would have is that the crop factor means buying a whole new system, probably a 28 & 50 therefore the cost is pretty high and makes my current gear which is paid for pretty defunct.

Of course if I was buying in from scratch...

Tapas