What we need from Nikon

ruslan

first- DO NOT be rude.

second- Canon 135/2L (the best portrait lens in the world, ), is silent, faster, gives better resolution (I saw MTF curves and pictures), contains super-low dispersion glass and .. cheaper than Nikon 135/2 DC. Nikon is good, Canon 135/2 is outstanding.

Actually I really like Eric Sande's answer. As we have discussed in other threads, there are certainly holes in Nikon's DSLR and lens line up, but at least for me, there is certainly more than enough choices.

IMO, if some day in the not-too-distant future Nikon introduces a full-frame DSLR and some 24mm/f1.4 lens, those who have been demanding them today will complain that they are way too expensive.

A self cleaning sensor. That's it. As for their equipment, I haven't been hindered in anyway by their lineup. Hate to say it, but choosing either Nikon or Canon gives a huge lineup of 1st and 3rd party products to choose from. The other camera companies can only dream of that. Also, If you can't take great pictures with the equipment available, then no amount of new equipment will make you a better photographer.

As for a full frame sensor. I sure hope Nikon stays away from that and keeps developing the APS size. I think Canon's splitting of the sensor size between their pro and consumer cameras is going to bite them in the ass someday. If they move to 100% FF then their digital only lenses become trash as would Nikon DX line. So I hope Nikon continues to expand their DX line and fills the holes up needed by pro's and non-pro's.