D200 USA model?

photo5

Is there such a thing as a grey market D200 body? Newegg.com that has the body

only for $1589 which is pretty tempting and I was wondering if this would

include a USA warranty. I know I could call them but the people who answer the

phones may not know and I thought someone here might. Certainly it is very

important to have the USA warranty and worth $100 more to buy from B&H if this

is the case. But saving $100 isn't bad either :-)

Thanks,

Dave

Any Nikon D200 sold in the USA but not imported via Nikon USA would be gray market. (Substitude USA above with Canada and it works the same way.) newegg has a pretty good reputation. I kind of doubt that they would sell gray-market D200's. For a month or two, newegg has been selling D200's for $1650. Prices are just coming further down, finally.

NewEgg is located in the City of Industry, in So. California (USA). They offer links to Nikon USA is several places. The product number shown at NewEgg and Nikon USA for the D200 Kit (Body Only) is 25235. Chances are excellent that the D200 from NewEgg has a Nikon USA warranty but the best way to check is call Nikon USA.

Regards,

Dave Hartman.

Knowing how legit NewEgg is, I'd guess it's USA. Did you look in the user reviews for the item, if there are any? If it was a gray market item, I'm sure it would be noted. NewEgg moves So Much product and from what I've seen operate so efficiently that that price seems credible.

As an aside, I just ordered 1.2 Terabytes(!!) of hard drives from them 36 hours ago and they've already been delivered. For $380(!)