Canon F-1n Repairs

jim_ogul

B&H doesn't do repairs. They ship gear off to Mack.

www.mackcam.com/repairs.html

(Note: I'm not recommending them or recommending against them either. I used to have my FD gear cleand and serviced by the late Karl Aimo, who used to be a Canon repair tech.)

• 16 years later...

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, I hope I didn't miss any recent posts about the best place to repair a F1-N.

I am looking to find a high-quality, reliable, repair service to fix a shutter problem in 2022.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

26 minutes ago, 1312LeNiCa said:

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, I hope I didn't miss any recent posts about the best place to repair a F1-N.

I am looking to find a high-quality, reliable, repair service to fix a shutter problem in 2022.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What country are you located?  

5 hours ago, 1312LeNiCa said:

Thank you!, I just reviewed the website and it appears to be a legit, honest repair site with great affiliations and accreditation. And they are located close to Minnesota.

Others you may want to consider:  Ken Oikawa and Steve's Camera Repair Service, both in California.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Weasel_bar,

Midwest Camera informed me this past week that they don't repair the more modern Canon F1 New (the model with the lithium battery holder to the left of the lens mount when looking at the camera from the front. i.e. the lens is looking at you, so to say).

I will checkout your suggestion and some of the others.

To all the other members, I'm still taking suggestions, thank you for your time!

1312LeNiCa --

Greetings also from Minnesota!  (Minneapolis) ... I just had two F1s serviced by Steve Sweringen last month.  Steve was mentioned above.  He specializes in F1s!  His price was reasonable and turn-around was about two weeks.

Good luck and nice to meet another F1 shooter in Minnesota.

Carl

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am an EU resident, so am not familiar with US service possibilities. All I would say is that the F1n is relatively easy to repair and work by a skilled repair shop and the parts can be cannibalized, where necessary as there are no new spares available.

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2022 at 10:38 AM, Dustin McAmera said:

Someone in another thread just recommended Midwest Camera Repair in Wyandotte MI. That was for Nikon, but they say they are an authorised Canon repairer.

Years ago when I lived in the Detroit, MI area (I mean the 1970's & 80's) I used Midwest Camera Repair in Wynadotte.  They were very good and always did very nice work for me including changing out the focusing screen and cleaning the prism of an EOS film camera.  I'm pleasantly surprised to see they are still around.  

Edited by zakslm