So many bridesmaids and groosmen

Over the years I've photographed most things at weddings but coming up tomorrow

is a biggie. 9 Groomsmen , 2 in Military uniform as they are on the same course

as Prince William at Sandhurst (he's not coming though!), plus Groom and Best

Man, and also 9 bridesmaids (all adults except 1) + Bride, oh and a fire engine

for the bridesmainds - so it's going to be fun!

Most I've done is 7 of each. Anyone done something this big and have a quirky

or unusual slant on what I could do? The theme is fairies and some of the maids

will have wings which sounds fantastic!

I'd love at some point to get the whole lot together!

Kevin UK

Here is a wedding we did with 10 bridesmaids, 11 groomsmen and 7 flower girls! The

flower girls didn't do the formal pictures, only one stayed I think. It was quite an ordeal

and I am glad most of the weddings we shoot do not compile of the Brady Brunch Family.

We did a lot of close ups because we didn't want to lose detail from using a wide angle to

capture everyone. We have both versions, everyone within the frame and close ups.

It's best to find an open area to fit everyone in. We were thrilled the couple got married on

the beach rather than a church. The more space there is to work with the merrier.

Hope these photos help some...

Darice<div>00H3Ao-30771784.jpg.93a17917650134eade689bf7e78e0057.jpg</div>

We did the groomsmen walking on the beach and did some shots of them in front of the

club where the ceremony was. I don't think you have to include EVERYONE all the time in

each shot. Here we focused on the groom and although not all the groomsmen show up,

there were plenty of photos where everyone was included. The closeups give more

dymnastics sometimes, although this groom had trouble warming up and relaxing.<div>00H3B8-30772384.thumb.jpg.4ff17dfddb569e72be036354bda69b71.jpg</div>

Here's 27 in the Bridal Party. You have to watch out for distortion if using a wide angle ... it's

better to use a 35 or 50mm and get back if you can. You may need some additional flash

help to avoid light fall off at the edges ... but if you shoot RAW and use PS you can use the

vignette correction to help with that issue.

Fairy wings look great if you back light them and use fill flash on the front of the subjects to

balance everything out.<div>00H3Cu-30773084.jpg.0ec5acd3f5516fe8a24c28109529bb80.jpg</div>

The light was supplied by a single Vivitar283 on the shot above. The light fall off on the edges was applied by burning the edges in PS.

The shot below was an informal "discovered" grouping. I was doing shots of all the bridesmaids with the bride at the backdrop when I turned around and saw the top grouping. I did a little positioning and shot the top image. Then added the bride and others to take the bottom shot.<div>00H3E3-30773584.jpg.63d86e6dca36900b8a33097b0744ea43.jpg</div>

Well, this isn't a wedding photo, but it's a LOT of people, about 100+.

<BR><BR>

I would try to scatter them like some of the other example above, especially since you have winged folks.

<BR><BR>

Bob<div>00H3af-30783984.jpg.c294eafa0c2d43371d60d7012e511821.jpg</div>