3 simple questions on Pentax 645 N

herve_laurent

Hello everyone,

I have been photographing in medium format for almost 20 years. I have Rolleiflex TLR's and a Mamyia 6

that work perfectly for my street Photography. But I also need a motorized SLR for my other main

subject:photographing women in the studio and on location. Having a shoot in France in 10 days with a

model,I opted to buy a Pentax 645N used with a 150 lens. having owned a Pentax 645 before, I figured it

would avoid any learning process. I got the camera today and was surprised to face two issues that I don't

understand so I am asking for your valuable input

First, the 645N has a big and - I find-unpractical eyecup.It looks like a resting place for the glasses and I

like to take them off and use the diopter correction instead . The pentax 645 used to have a simple one at

the end of the diopter. I thought this would just come off -unscrew or slide off - but it looks mounted and

I do not want to break anything

Secondly, It was my understanding that with any pentax 645 manual focus lens, I would get a confirmation

in the finder for focusing ( as well as an optional BEEP confirmation of lens in focus). I don't get any of

that. I thought maybe the camera had to be loaded in order to give focus confirmation but no I still don't

get visual or noise confirmation that lens is properly focused.

Third in the LCD panel on the top plate near the handle , I have a "D" on the upper left . what does this

mean

Thank you for your help on these 3 questions so I can use properly the camera on the trip with the model