canon i9950 printing costs

I wanted to know the same thing. How long do pictures really last? I found out that it depends on the person who printed and where he placed it. Some people say they last 5 years, others say they last 10. Others say they last 3 months. Who really knows? I have no idea. But I bought an Epson R1800 and tried to forget about "lasting".

I believe HOW it is displayed plays a major part. So far, I do not have a printer that prints large enough that I've treated any output as "art", but my old chemical process prints that I've put behind OP-3 (acrylic that blocks 99% of UV) have held up just fine for 20 years...OP-3 is cheap enough (about 8 cents a square inch) that I'd put anything that I considered "important" behind it.

George

I actually want to know the average printing cost per photo (A3 & A4) - I thought I read somewhere that an A4 will cost around ?1.50, but can not find the review I saw this in! I will be selling prints to clients on our holidays so how long they last doesn?t matter - as long as it is longer than a couple of years.

Thanks, Lisa

Lisa - I got a i9950 three weeks ago for a specific project. I have printed 75 A3 prints, mostly landscape shots, @250dpi on Fuji Premium Satin paper from 7DayShop.com at British Pounds 14.99/20 sheets and using ink cartriges from ink2U.com (in packs of 4 for the price of 3)or ?3.50 ea. Total costs so far are Pounds 85.00 - thats about Pounds 1.2 per print. Using genuine Canon paper and ink would double this cost. While the quality (colour profile) may not be quite as high as with Canon materials, the prints are very good indeed.