photos due to space limitations. The wedding was going to be done outside and

then the reception in the community center however, due to rain everything was

moved inside. Needless to say the photos were not my best and I was constantly

being bumped or backed into. I have not posted the photos yet but was wondering

how I should approach this issue with the B&G if they are not satisfied with

the outcome.

Thanks,

Peg

"how I should approach this issue with the B&G if they are not satisfied with the outcome"

You are able to explain what happened to us without any trouble. Wouldn't you tell the B&G the same?

A rain storm is generally NOT an "Act of God" in the sense that it is defense for claims that you did not discharge your duties. For such an event to be a contract defense it ordinarily must be some extraordinary and unexpected natural event such as a hurricane, tornado or earthquake. Disputes arise as to whether a violent storm or other disaster was an "Act of God" (and therefore exempt from a claim) or a foreseeable natural event. Obviously, mere rain is a foreseeable natural event. Your actual defense will arise from you being compelled to shoot the wedding in an enviornment where there was not enough room to do so. The building capacity vs. numbers in attandence make this a much easier defense. Your photos may also show proof of this.

The act of God explanation might reasonate with the couple but its the capacity issue that will count if things get tough.