Are there Prakticar EOS adapters?

kelvin lee

Does anyone know if there are prakticar (praktica) PB (bayonet) lens to canon EOS (body) adapters?

In theory, PB lenses share the same working distance as PK (pentax PK) lenses ... and the mounts are

similarly shaped, so PB lenses may well fit on a PK/EOS adapter...

And again, PK and M42 share the same working distance... so its theoratically possible to make such an

adapter.

but if anyone knows who sells a PB/EOS adapter... pls let me know.

I've already seen this: http://oomz.net/kadapter/

no one makes one .....yet.

<P>The link you show is the only one i've seen so far,and the only reason it works on both K mount and PB mount is because it uses tapered engagement lugs.I'm prety sure it has no way of actually locking the lens to the camera body.

<P>That said it would certainly be possible for a PB to EOS adapter to be made.I know of some who are looking into moddifying Kmount to EOS adapters but news on that has gone abit quiet.The parts that need to be moddified are the engagement lugs which need more (?) clearance on the PB mount compared to the K mount,and there is an issue with how to do that.It's usually not possible to simply machine them back as this would cut into the spring slots that most lug designs have cut into them.

<P>Of course you could get one custom made but that would work out abit pricey.

In this thread i show a picture comparing the PB lens mount to the Pentax K camera mount.

<BR>Look half way down the page.

<BR>http://oomz.net/mf/viewtopic.php?id=1037

<P>There are also several other solutions discused such as gluing an EOS mount directly on top of the Practica lens mount and even replacing the lens mount entirely.

There must be a market for this and for a Praktica to Nikon F as well. Praktica sold lots of

cameras and they did nice glass. I have a 20/2.8CZJ in Praktica bayonet and it does lovely

work. The 28 is nice too, the 35 is rare in the UK, the 50/1.8 is very common, the 85 is

very rare and the 135 is ever-present wherever Prak bits are sold.

One option that does exist is to buy a PB-M42 adapter and then maybe mount that on an

M42-EOS adapter. I've no idea if this'd work. But Praktica bayonet to M42 adapters exist as

Praktica made lenses with both fittings.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping there would be someone in china or the ex-soviet bloc who might have

something to advise...

for instance, years ago when i was in hong kong I bought an unusual Praktina/EOS adapter...

I have never used it since I have no praktina lenses, but it didn't cost much so I bought it as

an oddity.