with mine around my neck ever since I got it. I live in Montr衬

Quebec where the weather changes ever ten minutes. Is it foolish of

me to walk around with it in a light rain or snow? The Back of the

camera sometimes acumulates a bit of snow or a bit of moisutre I

always wipe it off but I am still unsure as to weather this is

completely stupid of me or slightly acceptable. Thanks for the

response.

<p>Weatherproofing is not one of the features of this camera.</p>

<p>Canon's pro cameras are designed to resist the weather. They have rubber seals/gaskets around areas where water might seep in - places like buttons, switches, battery/film/media doors, and seams between components. The 20D does not.</p>

<p>Neither of the EOS bodies I've owned (Elan II and Elan 7E) have been sealed, either. I've had both of them out in less than perfect conditions, such as being exposed to mist from a nearby waterfall, or light drizzle. Nothing has gone wrong. But I try not to do this very often; sooner or later, some water will get in, and that could be a big problem.</p>

<p>I would say you and I both fall somewhere between "completely stupid" and "slightly acceptable." Try to keep your camera away from snow/rain/mist.</p>

<p>The same applies to your lenses, unless they're among those which are dust- and weather-resistant (if it doesn't say so on the box or in the manual, it isn't).</p>

I'm on the other side of the fence compared to Steve. I will expose my 10D to damn near

anything aside from a torrential downpour. It has taken snow, sandstorms, hail (!), salt

spray, dust, and everything in between without issue. Occasionally I must clean the sensor

and focusing screen / mirror, but that's the extent of the problems I have incurred.

Think of it this way - you could just sit on your thumbs when the weather gets bad, or

take a bit of risk and keep shooting. You can always buy more gear, but moments are

fleeting and can't be purchased for any price.

>>Think of it this way - you could just sit on your thumbs when the weather gets bad, or take a bit of risk and keep shooting. You can always buy more gear, but moments are fleeting and can't be purchased for any price.<<

That's a great sentiment, but I doubt my wife would go for it if I had to explain the destruction of a camera to her...

<I>Think of it this way - you could just sit on your thumbs when the weather gets bad, or

take a bit of risk and keep shooting. You can always buy more gear, but moments are

fleeting and can't be purchased for any price.</i><P>

Couldn't agree more (but I'm still very careful with my camera stuff!).