Sold M6, feel sad

bo_hu1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it's just such a funny and clever American passtime to make puns from respectable Asian names. Won Hung Lo. Sum Dum Phuk. Ha Ha, yes let's all just lighten up. Hell let's just use the n-word and every other epithet applied to minorities while were at it. Just make it a joke and say "sorry" and nobody gets hurt, right? Sheesh.

Vinay, you either enjoy ethnic humour or you don't, you are either overly sensitive or you are not. I am Dutch and one-quarter Jewish and enjoy the self-deprecating jokes of Jewish comics. I am not offended.

And I am not insensitive to Asian sensibilities: my wife is half Japanese and half black. We live in a far too politically correct climate where ethnic humour is frowned upon.

Now Bo should get himself an M5!

Bo,

If its challenging to keep the gear, and its understandable, consider a lesser expensive M camera AND a 35mm Summaron. I see Summarons in the $250 frequently.

The main thing you want is to shoot Leica, right? Just don't acquire the pricey combos.

There was a time I didn't care and travelled w/ a Contax T2 - about $250. Had loads of fun and didn't sweat the pocketbook.

BTW I understand the Summarons are pretty good - good luck - Paul

Bo:

Sorry you feel this way but I understand ...

I gave my M6 to my oldest son & plan on getting another someday as you will too I'm sure.

With regards to Stephen's comment I will say that I considered doing a Boo Hoo kind of comment & passed but do not feel that he was being disparaging at all - these forums are for information & the occasional jokes/levity & I feel all should lighten up about it all.

By the way - has nothing to do with race - global affliction for many - I am over 50% deaf in both ears due to scarlet fever as a 6 year old & I can't tell you how many people over the years have said - "What are you - Deaf?"

I have always simply smiled & said yes

Life is too short to get caught up in being overly PC

I did pass on saying my initial thought but since Stephen went there I have no problem with it.

Niow - if it really matters - for all those opposed to Stephen's comment - let's raise some funds for Bo's replacement M6 - or better yet maybe we can find someone to steal one of his M bodies instead.

Regards

I try to ignore the polically correct but sometimes its so hard. I do not see a racist slur here. Mr. Hu says he sad and people all over the world say boo hoo when they are sad or something similarly sounding. Had the poster spelled it Hu or Hoo, Mr. Patel would choose to be offended. Lighten up.