ANY experience with RZ67 together with Quadra 72 Sheet Film Holder

radoslav

Yes, I use this combination. I also shoot 4x5 so getting the Quadra 72 made since as I can

use the same Polaroid film for both my medium and large format. Also I found it easier to

use than the standard Polaroid back. I also don?t tend to waste as much film because you

can shot a single sheet instead of pack of 10. In answer to your other question, why do

you need one? I use mine to shoot proof. Check lighting, composure, etc.

I'm still kind of unclear as to what this thing does. Not having used sheet film before, can you shoot negatives/chromes or just Polaroid style prints? If you can shoot negatives/chromes with it, how large are they? Also, is there an issue of film flatness like with a Polaroid back? Sorry for the naivety but I'm new to MF.

Thanks,

Kev

Kev, I'm in the same position as you are, I'm a beginner in MF so maybe someone else can answer your questions. Is exposure check really the only usage of this device? Can you use it to shoot 4x5 slides? Thanks for answers, R.

I found

<a href="http://www.polaroid.com/service/userguides/photographic/4x5filmguide.pdf">this</a> on the Polaroid website.<br>

It looks like depending on the film you buy you can shoot negatives and positives at the same time. However, the image area of the Quadra is only 72mm X 72mm. So you don't gain much over a standard 60mm X 70mm negative. I would bet that the negative isn't as sharp as a regular 6cm X 7cm neg. Add to that the required developing process and it doesn't seem worth it at all. Especially considering the Quadra is $559. For that price you could buy a used 4x5 system.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't used the Quadra film holder on my RZ yet. The advantage on using one on an RZ camera is the option of shooting type 55 polaroid film (which creates both a positive and a negative). The negative could be solarized or used to create prints. I've seen some beautiful images done using this film.I used type 55 film on a 4X5 camera and loved it.