Shopping for Packs

gloria_hopkins

Hi folks: I'm going to need a pack to hold three cameras (4x5, 35mm,

video, three lenses and all accessories). Eventually I'll need to

attach (or include) the camera pack in a larger backpacking pack.

Hopefully the tripod can be attached to the pack as well.

Does anyone know of any 'system' type packs that you could mix/match,

coordinate or build a custom pack?

if you are still looking for a camera pack try JustOne by eberestock. I own it and it's a great tool. When I'm not hauling my photography gear I easly removed it and the pack is ready for genneral backpacking or whatever. It has a unique scabard that can hold the tripod to. Great pack, unsurpassed quality and a liftime warrently! Glen the owner, is a former U.S. Olympic biathlete. The pack is called the JustOne and comes in all sorts of colors.

www.eberlestock.com

Hmmmm, one would assume that if it can haul 140 lbs of mule deer then it can probably hold up to three cameras and assorted extras. :)

And the look on a hunter's face when you reach back and pull the tripod out of its "scabbard", attach a 400mm lens, and "shoot" the target might just be worth the cost of the pack...

jon

P.S. It actually looks like a great pack, but it's impossible to resist the urge to make fun of a pack advertised my its capacity to haul carcasses around in the woods.

Hi Gloria,

I have one of the big Lowepro Super Trekker All Weather back packs that might hold all of your stuff. I know at one time it held about 70 lbs. of my camera gear. I now carry everything around in a motorhome! (Much easier) The pack is sitting in the attic, slightly dusty but not worn. If interested let me know.