D70 not powering up

shobhana

I have a D70 which has died on me. Tried everything but it just

refuses to show any sign of life on the display panel. The only sign

of life is when the memory card is inseted...the green light keeps

blinking and doesn't stop. I got it from Hong Kong and luckily my

husband is going to be there just a week before the warranty

expires. Any solutions??

Had the exact same problem, camera would not power on and green light flashing as well when card inserted: my camera is at Nikon Service Center now and they said it will take more than a month to get the spare parts to fix it. So be prepared to have it serviced as well, I don't think there is any other solution.

The memory card is fine...tried it in another camera and also can copy the pictures on to my computer. So the memory card is not damaged. Removed the battery and the memory card for two days to try it again. But it still doesn't work. Spoke to a service center guy. Apparently, this is a problem that has been occuring with the D70's. Have no choice but to take it to them. Thanks for all the help!

When I first purchased my D70, the salesman was very careful to point out that one could accidentally bend the pins in the bottom of the CompactFlash slot by inserting the card wrong. (Personally, I don't see how this is possible...?) But it might be worth a look with a small flashlight.

If the pins are damaged, that would seem to explain it.

Either way, still looks like a trip to the Nikon repair center is in the works...

Good luck. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, Nikon Service it is :( I just experienced the same thing exactly today. Tried everything on this page with no luck. Even though I can get a little life out by pressing MENU, it turns off as soon as I let go of MENU... nothing really to do.

I wonder if it is a generel problem with the camera.