electronic rangefinder

xcapekey.com

I know the N90s and the N80 have it. I would venture to say all AF bodies do, but am not sure. The N90's is better because it even suggests which way to turn the lens in order to bring the subject in focus. The N80 just confirms focus. Its like having AF without the speed!

BTW, most of my "does model X have feature Y?" questions are easily answered at nikonlinks.com which you might want to try out.

-A

<I>I am afraid that the 8008 is an autofocus SLR, not a rangefinder.</I><P>

Yes they are auto-focus cameras, but Nikon calls the display that shows the required focus direction and the focus confirmation dot an <B>electronic rangefinder</B>. It works very well in practice, and in a short time you learn to see the display out of the corner of your eye while composing.<P>

A silky smooth AI / AIS lens on my N8008s is sweet working with the electronic rangefinder. It is easier to focus with my aging eyes via the electronic RF, because there is no judging or guessing. When the center dot comes up, you are in focus.

As long as the VF has implemented focus assistant LEDs such as 'focus not possible warning, in-focus indication, focus-to-right and focus-to-left arrows' as exactly n2020 does while 6000 should do the same as a later model(?), they all are capable of Electronic RF with AI/S lenses.