Montmartre

WOW! What original, exciting, fine art images, surely almost unique in the world of great photography. How did you manage to capture the extrordinary feel of the mysterious romance that is Paris? Did I mention penetrating and insightful?

I don't know if he was raised there, but he certainly spent many years living there, and the sights must have helped shape his vision. Still, he was principally a people photographer, and I do think he would have been successful no matter where he shot and would have still gone after "the decisive moment".

How nice of you, Bill.

Now let's see YOUR "original, exciting, fine art images, surely almost unique in the world

of great photography" of Montmartre.

This kind of comment is so nauseating that it should prompt everybody to just stop

posting pictures on the Leica forum for ever. Or even stop participating in the Leica forum

altogether.

Hello people and esp. Frederick. To be sincere, I've really appreciated the stair images, particularly the 2nd one. I think they convey the feelings of Paris, not like seen from the always-amazed tourist point of view, but just like it can be seen from a normal parisien walking around in a lazy day of autumn... and following rues he has walked many times. Sometimes you don't need to include sistematically a bird who flies across two windows, or a boy with a big bottle... or some other extra-ordinary sights to communicate the essence of a place. Sometimes the everyday sight can be powerful. At least for me.

Regards

According to another current thread, "many good photographers are terrible critics, many good critics are terrible photographers."

I am aspiring to be a terrible critic ;-)

I love Paris and never tire of seeing Paris images.

Cheers, A