Kingston etc. just as good??

The best I have found so far is the UK supplier www.xlshop.com -

they have both Integral & Kingston CF 2GB cards for under 100 GBP

incl UK postage.

On ebay I found some Hong Kong suppliers that are about 15% cheaper

than UK prices when you include shipping costs - have you had any

experience buying cards thru a Hong Kong supplier & having them

shipped to UK or Europe??

Try <a href=http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UK-MEMORY-SUPPLIER_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm> this gentleman </a>. He currently has 2GB Kingston for around £75 plus £7 postage. He is based in the States and I've used him twice, the cards arrive within a few days and I have not been hit by custom duties either time. Take a look.</br>Steve C

I would stick to one of the main brands, Sandisk, Lexar, PQI etc. I have bought a card and a Lense from Hong Kong using EBay. The items were delivered within two weeks and there was a considerable saving (no import duty on the memory card but I did have to pay it on the lense).

I live in the UK.

I've been using Integral so far, so an observation on your second question. They have the "normal" and the "pro" versions, of which I have both. Supposedly the "pro" cards have faster read/write times. I can assure you that is complete BS: they are exactly the same, as in slow. I have not achieved anywhere near the stated write times for my D100. Now that I'm waiting on a D2x, I need to get bigger and faster cards, so I will be sticking to SanDisk or Lexar only.<p>

In my little research, I'm seeing just over 100 Euro a Gb from online shops intra EU. But will be watching closely anything you might turn up!

See this link for info on cards

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

I'm in the UK and recently paid ?65 for a Lexar 80x 1GB from ebay.co.uk from a US seller .... does actually seem faster than my Apacer & Kingston standard 1G cards. So I would pay the extra from ?50 Uk price for a normal speed to ?65-70 to eBay from US for a speedy one. Next I'm getting a Sandisk 66x to complete my set. i think 4x 1G is plenty for a 6.1 mega camera.

If you have a high end DSLR and want to shoot sequence then the cost of the upgrade from standard speed to the 80x or 66x will be worth it. Depends on your body and you only need one if you shoot in continous.

As a note. I think most cards that don't mention their speed are already 4x. can't remember where I picked this snippet up?! So a 80x is really only a 20x compared to standard (4x)!

<a href="http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48089">eBuyer</a> are generally pretty hard to beat for anything computer related. I got my PQI cf cards from them a year ago and am very happy with them.</p>

<p>for what it's worth i would recommend getting two lower capacity cards rather than one high capacity card. If one fails or gets corrupted then you don't lose everything and switching the cards over is really very easy. Also 2x1GB seems to be cheaper than 1x2GB at the moment.

• 1 year later...