Shooting RAW with a Panasonic FZ30...

I shoot with a Panasonic FZ30 and download images to Nikon View then post production in Elements

3.0. I use Nikon View because the supplied software is less than adequate and the Mac version of

Elements does not include a browser.

I shoot in hi res jpeg but have started to experiment with RAW. I have installed the Adobe RAW plug-in

for Elements but any image files shot in RAW do not appear in the Nikon View browser.

What am I doing wrong or can anyone suggest another browser that will show RAW files?

Any advice much appreciated.

Bruce

Bruce,

I shoot raw+jpeg with the fz30 and use Adobe Lightroom beta on Windows and like it a lot. If the beta is too slow for you, then the easiest path is to upgrade to PSE4 and use ACR. I do not know if RSE is available for Mac. Alternatively, you could dl Adobe's dng converter and use a raw converter for Mac that reads dng.

Not having a Mac, I don't know if Bibble or Silkypix is available for that platform; they convert fz30 raw data, too.

Good Luck,

Don E

Many thanks for all the advice... it seems that Nikon View is the problem.

Breezebrowser and Rawshooter Essentials are only available in Windows but Bibble Lite

does have a Mac version which I have downloaded along with the manual.

Images downloaded from my FZ30 still default to Nikon View so if I uninstall will Bibble

automatically become the default browser?

Bruce