Your thoughts please...

steve_myaskovsky

Hi Steve

Good start.

Some thoughts - your work is good - much better than some of the images on the homepage - I would consider changing some of these.

In my opinion it would be polite to offer an 'off' button for the music.

Being flash, the 'click to activate' message appears. I would disable this for better user friendliness.

Hope that helps.

Steve, I like it very much.

I agree that you should give an option to mute music. Also, I was looking for anything that would tell me about different packages you might offer, rates and a bit about yourself. I think as a customer I would want to know these things.

Great images.

Nice! The only thing I would personally change, is your slogan/logo in the top left. "Picture Perfect by Steve.... photography". I would ditch the word photography there undernieth. It seems a little redundant and unnecessary. "Picture Perfect by Steve" all by itself is better.

I also agree that your front/home page images aren't the best choices. You have some "GREAT" shots in your gallery, why use just the "good" ones? I think some of your best are in the lovestory section myself...

Some similar thoughts to the other posts. You have some really nice images in your portfolio, but your home page only shows objects, yet you clearly state: Capturing the emotions of the moment.

I think you should reflect this on your home page. While it is kind of a cool look on the home page, it isn't warm enough. I'd focus on the primary message you are trying to convey and maximize it on the home page.

Good start though. Keep going.

Lou

Nice Website! I like it. The only thing I don't quite like is your little thumbnails. They are not cropped for the subject and don't show what the open photo shows. It shows only a part, I understand that, but you should show the part that will show what the image is about. Nice site otherwise.

Thank you all. THis website I did it on my own. I can take your suggestions and change the pix on the front page. But, I can't do much else. Like "flash, the 'click to activate' message appears" and I have no idea how to add a botton for music on/off. I can totally take out the music.

I really appreciate all of your inputs.

I agree with everyone else that the images on your homepage aren't personal enough.

I also think the static image on the left of the hands that is on every page is kind of a waste of space.. if I were you I'd use that space to make the simpleviewer galleries larger with larger image sizes. Other than that its nice, I like your work :)