Angle of coverage @ f/22: 65 degr.

Shutter type: # 1.

Front outer diameter: 70 mm.

Filter size: 67 mm.

Rear outer diameter: 65 mm.

Overall length. 81 mm.

Flange focal length: 240 mm.

Weight: 510 g

Did you consider the Fujinon A f9/240 mm?

Here are the specs:

Image circle @ f/22: 336 mm.

Lens configuration: 4-6.

Angle of coverage @ f/22: 70 degr.

Shutter type: #0.

Front outer diameter: 54 mm.

Filter size: 52 mm.

Rear outer diameter: 45 mm.

Overall length: 55 mm.

Flange focal length: 237 mm.

Weight: 225 g

Hope this helps

Friedemann

> Did you consider the Fujinon A f9/240 mm?

Yep, but I cannot find one. Badger is out of stock and waiting for more and there do not seem to be any at the major used places. There are a couple of the 250s, and a couple of claron-g's. The 6.3 seemed like a good compromise. A stop faster than the F9 lenses, but a lot smaller than the 240 F5.6s. Since I am using 4x5 and, at most, might consider 5x7, I do not need huge coverage.

<p>It's a great lens. I got mine several years ago from Midwest Photo. It was quite cheap since it has a minor nick on the rear element. I've never noticed it in the pictures. It'll cover 8x10.</p>

<p>Here's a link to a portrait I did with it. Highlights kinda got blown out in the scan,</p>

<p><a href="http://www.kevinbourque.com/pages/photogaphy/people/dada.htm">http://www.kevinbourque.com/pages/photogaphy/people/dada.htm</a></p>

<p> </p>

The Fuji 250/6.3 is a large lens, but not huge by any means. My Super Angulon 90/8 is larger. The Fuji lens doesn't stress the front standard on my Shen-Hao 4x5 even if I move the front standard all of the way out past the normal position using the "front tilt" trick.

The lens is a great performer, and allows gobs of movement on 4x5. Mine covers 8x10 with almost no room to spare (perhaps an extra mm or two), but it does cover at infinity. If you decide to move up to 8x10 this is an excellent lens for closer-than-infinity work and will do for infinity in a pinch if you stick to back movements.

Given the price of the lens, it's well worth adding to your arsenal unless you're looking for the smallest lenses you can buy. It's definately not one of those.

The G-Clarons you mention are also excellent lenses (I've the 270). The 240 at 330g is a bit larger than the Fuji A, quite a bit smaller than the CMW, and takes a 52mm filter. Single coated, no longer in production, but sharp, light, has generous coverage and often reasonably priced. Something to think about.