Buy Canon Eos 5D

pouria_tavassoli

Hi All,

I'm planning to buy Eos 5D (body only) and I have been browsing online for a

while, but there is a lot of options with variable prices, for example for Eos

5D (body only) the price range start from $2200 to $3800.My question is why

one company can sell the same item for $2200 and the other one for $3800? what

do you think? Is it right to buy the $2200 one even if it comes with warranty?

any suggestion?

Pouria -

Be very careful when it comes to deals on high-end cameras that seem too good to be true. A reasonable and respectable price on a 5D body is around $2900. 25% less sounds like an invitation to separate you from your money without getting the camera.

I would strongly recommend a reputable dealer (B&H, KEH, Adorama, and Cameraworld of Oregon come immediately to mind) when spending that much money.

Warm regards

-j

If the best price you can find is $2200, you just aren't looking in the right places. check this out:

http://www.shopcartusa.com/Product/0296B002/Electronics~Cameras~Digital_Cameras/Canon_EOS_5D_12.8_MP_Digital_SLR_Camera_%28Body_Only%29/PT_Y/?ic_campID=98

> Canon EOS 5D 12.8 MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)

>

> Manufacturer: Canon

> Part Number: 0296B002

> Lowest price: $1599.00

>

Can you imagine? A 5D for only $1599!

If it looks like a scam and smells like a scam...

Check out this link, it rates on line retailers by customer input. Low rating and written

input from dissatisfied customers means don't buy. There are many on this web site that

let that low price suck them into a bad situation. If they are not listed here try looking at

the memory prices like compact flash, they usually want 300 bucks for 1 gig and will try to

sell it to you in a kit. I have bought all my cameras and lenses from B&Hphoto and have

never regretted it. I can log on and track all my purchases for the last 3 years, this is great

for insurance. You may pay more than the scam artist wants, but you will have a

reputable company behind you that will exchange a lens your not happy with and won't

charge you a restock fee. If sent back in the same shape you got of course:)

http://www.resellerratings.com/

I think that Shop Cart USA comparison site is owned and operated by the same folks that own some of the Scam Stores. Take a look at the feedbacks and ratings. Why does B1H have only seven FB while some of the known scam shops have hundreds with 4 and five star ratings? The only ones on that list that I'd consider are B1H and Ritz. The only one I'd buy from on there is B&H. Stick with Reseller Ratings or Bizrate.

My comment on Ritz, above, was based on in-store transactions. Reseller Ratings paints a very different pictue for online transactinos. Don't go there online! ! ! (spaces were intentionally left to defeat this smartass system that thinks that only one exclamation point is enough).

Following that link and reading carefully you will see...

"All prices are after Manufactured mail-in rebates where applicable.

"

Well, here in the UK Canon are offering a book full of rebate vouchers. So it MAY be, that the price is $3800 with $2000 dollars worth of vouchers. Go figure, as you say in the States...

Gary

Buy online ? Yes.

Are there reputable shops online ? Yes, B&H, Adorama, maybe some others but I haven't tried them.

Can you make a killing by searching for "lowest price" ? You must be joking. Or you are next in a queue to be cheated.

just picked up a second one from Amazon.com for just under $2900 ...

like so many have said, if it sounds to good to be true ... it is ...

i buy all of my camera equipment from either amazon, b&h or adorama and have yet to be

screwed over ...

I just purchased a 5D body from Dell for $2,475... there's a coupon code you enter on their website, dont know if its still valid. But you can try it.

Enter this code during checkout: H9T4KFHZ0H3?29

I ordered last Wednesday and received it today, pretty good deal!

• 10 months later...