Later hexar bodies have no focusing problem with leica lenses?

Hello, I read somewhere the focusing problem of Hexar RF with Leica M

lenses was fixed in the factory so the later serail number Hexar

bodies don't have this problem anymore (although I have no idea what

it means by later serial numbers). Could anyone confirm this

statement? Thanks.

According to Greg Weber, who's the leading independent Konica repairer, the

'back focus' issue was actually a problem with the rangefinder. Early

rangefinder parts used nylon components - these were switched to brass

components on later models. Greg also replaces the relevant components,

and perhaps Konica Service Centres will do so too (for an extortionate price, if

my experience is anything to go by). A camera with the brass component

should focus correctly with Leica M lenses.

Jae-Myung Shim,

I've never had any focusing trouble shooting with Leica lens on my Hexar RF.

The recent acknowledgement of the fact the alleged back focus problem was a rangefinder construction-adjustment problem doesn't surprise me at all.

I think all this affair was exaggerated because it was considered positive by each concerned manufacturer:

Leica had interest in limiting the diffusion of a competitor which is in no way globally inferior to its M7 body (each body has the upper hand on some domains the other is inferior and conversly) but costs half the price of the M7. Konica which produced a limited range of good lenses, didn't want these lenses to stay on the dealers'shelves as they are slightly inferior to the Leica ones but (at least in France where I live) as costly as second hand better ones form Leica (on the contrary to the Cosina-Voigtländer lens range, as good or better as pre-apheric Leica lenses but much cheaper than Leica's ones).

The result was no good for rangefinder enthusiasts and was not favourable to both manufacturers...

The inccaruracy of the back focus issue was almost certain even before, as Erwin Puts (who has close relationships with Leica)revealed negotiations took place between Leica and Konica before the Hexar RF (and then the M7) were released, for a partnership (though these negotiations failed). So it was quite doubtful both systems were incompatible.

I have ever supposed the original plan for the M7 was to sub-contract study and realization of the electronic parts (including shutter) or even the body (but with the missing TTL flash form the M6 TTL series)to Konica...

François P. WEILL