Fuji S2 Flexi Program HELP!!

Someone give me some education here. When I go to program mode on

the s2pro it sets me in a 60th second shutter with flash, which I

DO NOT WANT, but do on occasion switch to program, or did.

Reading the manual it says you can switch to flexi program, and

change the shutter speed. How? I put the flexi on, but cannot

find any button that relates to changing the shutter or aper.? I'm

shooting in manual with flash now, but sometimes for fast candids

would like to be able to throw it on and see how the camera meters,

but really just don't want that slow of a shutter for fill. Help?

By the way, I switched from a 10d system, got the s2 instead of

the 20d, and really like it. :) chris

of course. And I can certainly shoot in manual without problems, I just thought there would be something to the flexi program since they put it on the camera. Would be nice be able to say to the camera "okay we are shooting at 125th at 100 iso and you pick the correct aper." because when I shoot in av. mode, with flash, regardless of my hopes it will set the shutter at 60th. AND when I shoot in shutter priority at 125, it continually sets at 1.4 av. regardless. Would be a nice alternative not to have to shoot in manual with flash always, especially if my wife or someone else picks up the camera.. chris

Well, this is what happened. I put my SB onto the Fuji and then turned both units on. The ISO was set to 100 and the lens was a Sigma 105 f/2.8. I put the Fuji into P mode and then turned the thumbwheel that activates VP. Although P* appeared on the LCD, the only thing that changed the Shutter speed and Aperture was the amount of ambient light available. Once I turned the flash off, the P* varied the different EV's.

I then turned the flash off and put it on my Nion F100. The same exact things happened as on my Fuji S2. Ambient light was the determining factor as well. I guess the TTL Flash control overrides the P* mode. My advice to you is this............take a look in the owners manual. I would but I'm pressed for time. Or give Fuji or Nikon a call and talk to them. I say Nikon because as you know, that's what its guts are made of. I do know in my F100 manual, there is something regarding the correlation of ISO, flash and P mode. Again, as I said before, I'm an A mode shooter most of the time. And if it's not A mode, I shoot M with the flash being in TTL. Never had any problems. What kills me about the S2 is that I can't use the lens ring to set Aperture like I can my F100. I'm real fast with that Nikon. I hope this all helps you my friend. Why they do it like this? I don't know.

thank you so much for the response. That is what makes this site so great. I read the manual but it is very unclear on what the hell to do with veri-p. I wish I could shoot the damn thing in av. mode with the flash, but everytime I set it to that, I get 60th s. Why in the hell it would stay at 60, but syncs at 125th i have no idea. I will continue shooting in manual and let the flash ttl too. I get good results, but it just bothers me I can't figure the other out. lol

I have been very pleased with the s2 as a whole and my prints are great. Thanks everyone so much- christopher

Well, think about this for a second. You shoot in A mode and the camera is selecting the Shutter speed 'casue you're selecting the Aperture, correct? So it's doing it's job! It's probably not going to 125 'cause that was the way it was programed for the EV that camera is sensing. Remeber back in the old days when a high syncbcg soeed was 1/60? My F100 takes better photos 'casue it goes all the way to 1 / 250. Take that camera outside and see if it goes to 125. Keep shooting in M mode when you use a flash as your main light to light your subject. You'll have more control than any other mode on the camera.