Guys

jpbarilguerard

Actually I think they look pretty good. The only one I think I don't care for would be the 2nd one, he looks a bit uncomfortable. I'm partial to the last one, it looks very good. Seems like he may need a bit more detail in the hair. The whole set seems a bit like a Hilfiger ad. Although I don't have any in my portfolio here, I actually have shot people. LOL. Mostly with film though and I've neglected to scan them, but I'm buying a new computer this weekend!!

Anyway, congrats, you've got some good work there.

I think the lighting and look and clothing of the model are good. Some of the poses are better than others and some of the framing in one a two of the shots are a little disconcerting to me. No doubt you will have shots that you prefer to others too.

I think the main thing that bothers me is the muslin. You have tried to create a fashion type photo shoot, but I think the background seems more typical of a formal portrait. This guy with this look should be out on the city streets, in an office or nightclub or something. The hip poses, clothes and expressions on the models face don't quite work with the background which indicates a formal studio shot. Other shots I've seen with this kind of look in a studio have an all white background, working the Zen minimalist thing.