motordrive for F80

michael_griffiths

Bruce is right. All you can get is the MB-16 grip, replaces the 2 lithium batteries with 4xAA and gives the camera a better feel for people with big hands. The FPS does not change however, and you dont get a vertical shutter button either. On the plus side, it's cheap and pays for itself in saved money from not having to buy the lithium's.

Before you get too excited about saving money on Li's, check this site out:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/685/sesent/00

12 Li's for $15, so unless you like the feel of the MB-16, there isn't much use for it. I sold mine because I didn't like the play it introduced when the camera was tripod mounted (my preferred method of shooting). I was fine with the handling of the camera without it, so there wasn't too much of a reason to keep it for me.

I use the Surefire batteries too, they're great and essentially the same price as good AAs at the store, much cheaper than lithium AAs. If you're going to use rechargables in the grip, it will take you a lot of rolls to recover your cost...

I recently bought an N80 with MB-16 and I agree with Joel, the combination has too much flex to use on a tripod, especially with long lenses that don?t have a tripod mount like the 70-300. You can feel the flex in your hand when the N80 with MB-16 is mounted on a Stroboframe flash bracket.