Polaroid holder for Quickload and Readyload film

john di nenna

Most likely the film doesn't stay in the holder when the paper sheath is pulled away to expose the film -- i.e the catch doesn't retain the film -- which means the film never gets exposed to the camera -- and sadly -- there is no way to tell until you've processed it. With some films you can feel the plastic attached to the film slip between your fingers as you remove the sheath. This is the only way to have confirmation that the film is actually exposed to the lens.

I don't find it to be reliable even with kodak film in a kodak holder.

I use Kodak Readyloads in a Readyload holder all the time with no problems. The Polaroid holder works fine as well, though some people complain about film flatness with the Polaroids.

Kodak film in Fuji Quickloads is dicey because the film is not held as flat in the Quickloads as in the Readyloads. I believe the thicknesses of the Readyloads are slightly different from the Quickloads.

The 545 adapter came out when LBJ/Landslide Lyndon was President. The older adapter came out when Ike was President. Some of these adapters can have crud on the rollers; ones that are miss spaced with the wrong gaps; rollers that are worn. This adds to the issue abit; if you have a funky holder; that is no longer groovy or nifty. I once had one that was dropped; and was abit devilish with the Polaroid films.