nikon 62mm 6T close up lens

soumyadip_ghosh

do the 6T close up lens works practically? i am using a nikon F75

with a 28-100 G and a 70-300 G lens. i am doing close up fotography

specially with FLOWERS. i need a cheap compliment for a high end

nikkor lens. i know the quality will differ but since i am a ameteur

still now that will not effect much.

what are your suggessions???

Result's were awful? In what ways? Are you shooting from a tripod? Did you mean you get too little working distance? Can you post samples of the results that you are talking about?

If an extension did not work for you, I'm afraid the 6T will not work either. The problem is elsewhere.

i was using a velbon CX mini tripod . with enough working distance. i will show u the results . but i have to scan the pictures. so please give me a day to do so. i was also thinking of the same . the problem is else where . there was not enough sharpness. but the magnification quality was awfull REALLY.

I've read assertions that using extension tubes produces inferior results with some lenses, especially mismatched lenses and extension tubes. Something to do with increasing the distance between the rear element and film plane. If this is true - and I'm not saying it is - there may be some benefit to using close up diopters rather than extension tubes.

I've used both, including an 55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor with matched M2 extension tube and my 50mm f/3.5 Zuiko macro with an Olympus multi-element close up diopter that's considered to be one of the best available. In photos of the same subject matter under identical conditions I could see no difference at all.

Granted, this is not an equitably based test. If I had the materials available I would have tested the Micro-Nikkor with a comparable close up diopter and the Zuiko with its mated extension tube.

However over the years I've noticed an almost prevailing attitude among "serious" photographers that close up diopters produce inferior results compared with extension tubes. I haven't seen any evidence of this when good quality close up diopters are used.

On that basis, I would generally prefer to use a good quality diopter for magnifications up to 1:1 because there is no significant speed loss, while the use of any extension tube will result in at least some loss of effective lens speed and a darker image through the viewfinder. With a faster macro lens, tho', I'd call it a toss-up.

What puzzles me with this post is: Why would anyone need extension tubes to photograph flowers with a 60mm micronikkor?

This lens goes to 1:1 on its own. If higher magnification is desired, the easiest thing to do would be to use it reversed

The old 55mm f/3.5 micronikkor is superb for 5x to 10X when used reversed.

• 10 months later...