Very slightly mad mini project...

huw_finney

Fun is what the CV15/Bessa L is all about, to aid 'candid' shots (a

bit tricky at a foot or so though). I have added a triangle to the top

of the finder approximating the FOV. Second thoughts, if it works I

will make a hot shoe triangle so the whole thing is more pocketable.<div>00BFQ2-22003884.jpg.1a0ae69531573c46e8a69814ebeacf4f.jpg</div>

Very cool, Huw. You know something, you don't even need a triangle. Just two appropriately spaced points at the front edge of the body, relative to a center position for your eye. It could be as simple as two sticky dots on the front edge.

You know what would be totally Buck Rogers? A kind of laser pointer that fired off two beams at the requisite angle.

I have an easier methof yet. Put two dots in the corner of your eyeglasses that define the angle of view of your most used lens. And I suppose you could put one focal lenght on the right and another on the left, then squint to find your field. This is a variation of what a lot of old timers have been doing for the past fifty or so years; memorize the field of your most used lens and you will employ it automatically, or if you know the limits of your widest lens then it's a small matter to work inside that frame of referece for lenses of narrower field. Carry a varifocal view finder and practice estimating lens coverage of various scenes you encounter.

For the 15mm, as long as something is in front of you, just point and shoot, you don't even have to aim, even if it's one meter away. I save the coldshoe for a level.

However, maybe I need to inscribe on the Leica topplate:

"15mm --> Tuck in Tummy!"

But Huw, you are ingenious and very innovative.