LENS BUT- LOW BUDGET

sergio_godoy

HI everybody, well, trying to get a lens for my Xt, but i have a

limitated budget, aprox. 300$, i?m looking for a lens like 18-50

range, i saw tamrons 19-35 but...don?t know...if somebody could be

some kind to recommend me something, advices will be welcome..

regards!

pd- my profile..street photography.

sergio

I've been using the Tokina 19-35 for a year and a half and couldn't be happier. I'm sure an L lens would be better but the Tokina is under $200, good contrast, very sharp and no interface problems. One of the best lens deals on the market I think.

Rick H.

HI, rick, i saw Zoom "Super Wide Angle 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 AF193 Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS" in bh, for about 170 dollars, seems a good price for me, and has an aperture barrel that i?m sure i?d love to use since i am used to manual cameras, so, you think taht i?ll achive good quality image whit this one?

regards. and thanks,

sergio

the kit lens seems to fit your requirements; but as another option, what about the sigma 18-50mm? in the bh catalog, it's 109USD, which would leave 190 clams over for either a 420EX (175USD) + sto-fen omnibounce (16USD), or a BG-E3 battery grip (140USD)+ extra battery (40USD) and 10 bucks left over for gallon of gas.

Sergio, I think the Tokina is noticeably better than the kit lens. I've gotten very good results with mine, no serious distortions or fuzzy edges and so on. It's well built, a little big and heavy but I prefer them that way. At one point there was a rebate on the lens and I got mine for $150 after rebate. If I had the $$ to spend I'd like an L lens in this range (who wouldn't) but I think I have the best lens of the 3rd party equipment out there. Let me know what you do and what kind of results you get.

Rick H.

I'll have to go along with Jim on the 28-135. I love mine. In fact, If I had to pick just one, that's what it would be. I use it much more than the 19-35 and buying even an L lens would not change that. Still, when I need a wide angle lens, I REALLY need one.

Rick H.