is this tripod ok for my RZ?

elliotnewman

Elliot, the link didn't work for me (maybe will for others).

What no picture on the web can tell you is how rigid the tripod is, which is more important than the weight. Even if the tripod was manufactured well, the years and wear and tear may have caused some parts to wobble. If I was buying second hand I would like to handle the tripod first, lock the head and then pick it up (by the head). A good tripod will grip everything tightly.

Light cameras NEED heavy tripods (which makes a mockery of the new "digital" tripods), heavier cameras such as the RZ would comfortably sit on a Manfrotto 055 (Bogen in US?) or equivalent. Carbon Fibre offers a good alternative (its light but rigid). Make sure you get a model where the legs will "splay", this way you can get the camera close to the ground and make use of those built-in bellows.

This is THE tripod to use for the RZ. It rings in a 18 pounds so it is fairly heavy but if you will not take it on a trip to Everest, you will be fine. I have the identical tripod and the RZ. Perfect combination. Going up to 7 feet is great. Very solid tripod. Buy it.