Canon 10D images

melissa_downham

Is it in the same place in every image. If so it is a pixel problem. I recently edited a set of church photos someone took with a Canon SD300. There was a red pixel in the same spot in every picture. Depending on what was in that area of the scene it was more or less visible.

Cleaning won't fix it if it's a hot/stuck pixel. You can live with it and clone it out of your images or send the camera in to Canon & see what they'll do.

I believe a hot pixel or stuck pixel is essentially a pixel that will only "see" one thing - in this case red. Its essentially stuck at providing the same data for every image regardless of what you are actually shooting. Try taking a picture of the lens cap - is there a red dot in the same place?

Andrews got it. LCD monitors do the same thing periodically. The pixel will get stuck on one color. Now a dead pixel is when the pixel just goes white and it looks like a little star slightly affecting some piexels around it. It can be easily cloned out in photoshop and sometimes it takes an eagle eye to find them, but with the advent of digital, we are all looking closer than we ever have before to find flaws. Once I get 3 or four hot or stuck pixels, I sell the body at a discount because I don't have time to clone 400 pics a week.