Sigma Lenses on EOS 30D?

bobwex

I'm about to make the leap from film to a digital SLR. I've decided on the

Canon 30D.

I have a couple Sigma lenses (Canon mount) I would like to make the transfer.

Can anyone tell me if the following 2 lenses are fully compatable with the 30D?

28-70mm f/2.8 Asperical EX - purchased 1999

105mm 2.8 Macro EX - purchased around 2000

Any thoughts?

If you can contact Sigma in any form, ask if they will re-chip your old lens if it does'nt work with 30d.

If not, there is nothing you can do than to sell them. But I think , they will. Just try to contact them to be sure.

And please , buy the 30d even if they're not compatible, cause , its a really nice camera.

<p>All Canon EF lenses work just fine on the 30D, Roger - much better than the Nikon situation where you have to navigate an alphabet soup of acronyms to find out whether metering and/or AF and/or VR will actually work properly (or at all) with a given combination of body and lens. The problem here is that Sigma reverse-engineers the communication protocol between body and lens, and this leads to problems with future bodies.</p>

<p>Bob, it would indeed be a good idea to contact Sigma and ask. With serial numbers, they can probably give you a definitive answer as to whether or not a given lens will work on the 30D, and whether or not they can re-chip it for you. Or, as someone suggested, take it to a store and try it out, but make sure you test everything, including stopping down.</p>