EI for Ilford XP2

david_craig1

Aw, heck. Sorry the files aren't in line. They're 500 pixels wide and <100Kb, so I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

To my eyes, anyway, the quality improves significantly from 400 to 100, then marginally from 100 to 50. Since seeing this, I've always shot XP2 at 100 -- it's very nice there.

I've shot somewhere in the area of 10,000 photos with XP-1 and -2 rated at 250 tungsten and 320/400 daylight.

I never liked CN though it worked.

every single b/w photo in these links is rated that way.

www.kevinbreak.com

www.kevinbrake.com

all were C41 normal.<div>00B9CY-21869984.jpg.1f3c01a0c942cd379b36757ba7cfcd7e.jpg</div>

Kevin:

Is it just my old eyes, or did you do some dodging on the model in the photo above? It looks like it on the bridge immediately behind her. Not to nit-pick, but it would make a difference to know that in evaluating the film at that rating.

Howard

If you take spot meter readings of shadows where you want detail you can use the ISO speed of 400 (and benefit from slightly increased sharpness). If you are using incident or some kind of averaging meter then try EI 200 as a starting point as others have suggested. Metering technique is likely to vary considerably from individual to individual so adjust the EI to give the shadow detail you desire.