with. When I scanned them in, they automatically scanned in as a

photoshop file. Now, I have decided to use another program to make

a slide show as a sample of my work for potential customers. So, I

decided to change the file to a JPEG file so I could open it in

antother program. The problem now is that I can't open it in

photoshop anymore! I figure there is an easy fix to this, but I

cant figure it out. I can't figure out how to change it back to a

photoshop file. When I changed it to a jpeg, i did a "save as",

then went to format and just scrolled down and clicked to JPEG.

Please help! Thanks!

Have you tried opening the file from within photoshop (going to open or open recent and selecting the file that way)? is it that photoshop is giving you an error when you try and open the file? or is it when you try to open the file with explorer it opens in the other program and not photoshop? if it is the latter it is just a matter of changing the jpeg file type to open with photoshop. you can do this by folder options in explorer (under tools on xp)(im assuming you are using a windows os) selecting file types -> finding jpeg -> choosing the open with program to photoshop. or you may be able to right click on the file, choose open with, pick photoshop from the list and click to "always use this program" box.

It sound like 'when you double click on one of your jpg file it opens with a program other than photoshop'. If so this is an easy fix (in XP). Open Windows Explorer and find a jpg file. Right Click on it then choose "Open With" if photoshop is on that list simply click it's name. If photoshop is not on that list then click "Choose Program". If photoshop is not on that larger list then click "Browse". Browse to "Program Files - Adobe - Photoshop - then double click on the photoshop.exe file. Beside the browse button is a checkbox that says "Always use the selected program to open this type of file". If you check that box (on the way out) then a simple double click on a jpg file will open it in photoshop. I like my photos to open with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer on a double click. Once I find the photo I'm looking for I'll then do the right click thing and select the program I'm wanting to use. Sometimes photoshop, sometimes not.

As far as scanning goes I'd scan directly from photoshop. It's File - Import - Twain. The scan will open directly in the program without creating an actual file. It will also except multiple scans at the same time. I would then process them to my liking etc. If I were making a slideshow I would do my resizing in photoshop and not in the slideshow program. Most slideshow programs will except most any compression but usually I work in either bmp or tiff. It depends on what program I'm going to use...

Hope this helps

RDee

Yes, I am using Windows XP Professional. After I have changed it to a Jpeg, I go to the file-open-and try to open the file in photoshop. The message I get is this: "can not complete your request because it is not a valid photoshop document." I did find that if I open the file in another program and do a "save as" I could change it to a photoshop file again, and reopen it in photoshop, but I can not open the JPEG file. If I originally save it as a JPEG, I have no problem in both programs.