side-by-side for comparison. I have seen a few that are very

expensive, and also tried some demo's. Just wondering if I could get

one without paying $200.

Sonic MyDVD

Slide shows play on TV & Computer.

Tiff/JPG's are also copied.

Quick too produce. Render is slow.

Best 'Burn' there is cause sonic wrote the book on DVD

mastering...so it'll run on any DVD player.

It not a MPEG 4 render like photodex stuff. MyDVD is much higher quality.

• 2 weeks later...

For a long time I have being using Powerpoint, very powerful but tedious in importing pictures.

Some weeks ago I moved to Picasa, but it has IMHO a serious problem in saving the show. Several times I lost everything and needed to start from scratch.

Last week I tried Proshow Gold. It is powerful in reorganizing slides and fast to create good DVDs and VCDs. But it has a main drawback: the quality of the pictures is extremely bad to show in a computer screen.

Let me share with you my workflow, since I may have been doing something very wrong. I changed the size of the original pictures to 1572 x 1024, a bit more than the screen to allow movement of some of them with picture quality and detail. I started the show (Show Options) as 1572 x 1024. Finally I created an executable of 1280 x 768, which is the actual pixel size of my monitor.

Horrible blurred images is the result. I am desperately seeking for any mistake I might have done.

If I do not find an answer, I will have to move to Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 or to Adobe Premiere. And of course will make as bad publicity as I can about this so popular slideshow software.

I cannot believe that this software is only designed for slideshows in TVS (low resolution) but offers no solution for slideshow in computer monitor and proyector.

Thank you very much, Manuel.

• 2 weeks later...

f I do not find an answer, I will have to move to Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 or to Adobe Premiere. And of course will make as bad publicity as I can about this so popular slideshow software. I cannot believe that this software is only designed for slideshows in TVS (low resolution) but offers no solution for slideshow in computer monitor and proyector.

Thank you very much, Manuel.

Manuel,

It's time to move forward with Photodex and not backwards with the other programs you have mentioned. Why is ProShow so popular? Because it works and works great. I am not sure what you are doing wrong? You are sizing similar to what I am doing and I can see hairs sticking out of the brides arm it's so sharp. Perhaps it is your computer.Good luck.

Mark

Proshow Gold is absolutely unusable software. Who do not agree - please run it, add 1000-1500 photos (5 mpix for example) and... come back here after 2-3-4 days depending on your PC...

Insane perfomance :)

I use MemoriesOnTv which is far better and faster. Also you can use external MPEG2 encoder with it.

Proshow Gold is absolutely unusable software. Who do not agree - please run it, add 1000-1500 photos (5 mpix for example) and... come back here after 2-3-4 days depending on your PC... Insane perfomance :)

I use MemoriesOnTv which is far better and faster. Also you can use external MPEG2 encoder with it.

You must be kidding? Who are you trying to kill with a 1500 image slideshow? At approx. 4 seconds per slide minimum(thats a 2 second view with a 2 second transition)your show would be 1 hour long! YAWN...

You must be kidding? Who are you trying to kill with a 1500 image slideshow? At approx. 4 seconds per slide minimum(thats a 2 second view with a 2 second transition)your show would be 1 hour long! YAWN...

No, I'm serious. So you agree that you cannot do such a long slideshow with this "product"? Great that you just confirmed this :)

No, it would be 1 - 1,5 hours long and it will be my family photo album or whatever. Whats the problem? Why this product is not able to do this, while its competitors has no problems? So its just a toy for a kid, no more. And at the moment the only who it can kill as you said is me who tried to put 1000 photos into it and ended with uninstalling this "great fast program". I wrote to their support asking why it is so slow and what I'm doing wrong - no reply, nice support. I searched the web and found that a lot of people confirmed this and some lucky ones got reply from support that "this is how our new version works". Great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with Manuel. I don't think 1k picture slide show is practical for most of the slide show presentations. In my expreience Proshow Gold is easy to use and yields a good result when viewed on tv. I usually create a smaller jpeg files so that it processes a little faster since I can't really tell the difference between the high quality jpeg and down grade ones on the tv.

I have 1.3ghz amd processor with an average graphic card but it seems like the process time is reasonable - watch some tv, play with my son.. and it is done including DVD burning. I paid $65 and it's living up to its price in my opinion.

I just got through watching mark ridouts slide show and i have to say it was AWESOME. i watched the whole thing. it was very clear and so creative. very beautiful photography also. it's 8 minutes long and i was not bored in the least. fly-text and creative transitions. i'm so impressed. i have the demo version and just tried burning a dvd and it burned but my dvd player on tv said invalid disk. it could be the burner (or the operator)cuz i just hooked up the burner for the first time today..i know nothing about this media. any suggestions?

oh and u guys really need to go see his slide show to look at his photos if nothing else.

thanks

brenda

First, Mark Ridout's slide presentation at Photodex.com is about the best program of its type I've ever seen, and I've been doing a lot of such shows since the 1970s. Everything about the approach -- the music selection (is it custom, Mark?), the exquisite lighting, the color transformations within slides, the transitions between slides, the tasteful and appropriate use of captioning, the model selection, the perfect expressions on most models -- what more can I say? I liked the thing a lot. Watched it 3 or 4 times in the past couple days, trying to figure out how I'd make it better, but I couldn't. And yes, I just bought the software he used. Question: has anyone used Articulate, the slideshow program that lets you stream Powerpoint presentations and retain most of its animations? A client wants me to buy it, but at $500 a copy, I'm hesitant. I'm hoping ProShow can do the job as well or better for under $100. I'd appreciate anyone's input on this.

• 9 months later...
I've tried every product I can find that has a trial version (about 20 products). PhotoDex has produced the best quality show of all the products I've evaluated. The big PhotoDex drawback for me is in using web shows. Viewers who come to the web via proxy servers generally cannot see the show. Photodex confirmed this limitation to me. I did not test production to a DVD.