Wisner 8x10 convertible lens set

j_cd_metcalf

Does anyone have any suggestions about dealing with Wisner? Four years ago I paid for

an 8 x 10 convertible lens set. After a couple of years I told Wisner I wanted to cancel the

order. He agreed and said he'd return my money. Wisner still has my money. I have no

lens. Numerous contacts with Wisner have been unproductive. Maybe I just don't have the

correct approach?

Write a letter to him telling him you're going to file a complaint with the State Attorney or District Attorney or whatever they call the criminal prosecutor in the area he does business if he doesn't return your money within ten days. Then follow through if he doesn't. If there's nothing more to this story than what you've said here then he has stolen your money.

Mr. Metcalf has already been contacted directly and knows of our eagerness to correct this oversight. According to our order-entry file a refund was made when we discontinued the Plasmat lenses last year. However, digging deaper in our bank records does not show this refund to have been paid. Since I have not heard from Mr. Metcalf since then, I was under the impression it was settled.

Get on a plane immediately and pick up the check in person (with interest or equivelant Wisner product in hand) and go directly to the local bank it was drawn on and get it cashed. If Ron tries to tell you that the check is in the mail, tell him you will gladly pay the $25 penalty to stop payment. All he has to do is to follow you to his bank with your refund check. Do not leave town without your money. I said YOUR money.

No excuses - no apologies. It is the right thing to do so you can sleep at night and get back to making photographs.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hey Ron,

I am calling you out on this one.

Did you repay this gentleman?

You would have had the cash just sitting in the bank since there was a 'mixup' and it would have been easy to cut a check & send it to him express mail.

DID YOU DO IT? Finally, a nice way for you to show you have changed you business practices. So, did you refund his money?

Anyone want to take bets on this one?

"r wisner , jan 01, 2005; 08:14 p.m.

Mr. Metcalf has already been contacted directly and knows of our eagerness to correct this oversight."

So, when did he recieve the check? And, since you are a gentleman, how much intrest did you pay him for having the use of his $4000 for about four years?

Even if you had to go to your banker & borrow the money I am sure you did it, right Ron?