Replacing MX Mirror Foam

f._timothy_knapik

Hi, Francis.

Yes, you can do this easily, and for $6 I can send you a handy little kit with everything you'll need to replace the mirror damper and the other seals for the film door. In fact, I've improved the foam with a product that is very close to the original foam. To see it, please follow this link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43486&item=3863823828

Please let me know if you need any help or have any questions...Thanks, Pablo. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
I replaced all the foam in my MX using Jon's kit, and everything worked out well. Just be careful not to get any of the old gunk on the plastic focusing screen. I put a small piece of lens tissue over my focusing screen during the replacement to protect it. Should any of the old sticky foam get anywhere, remember to only use 99% alcohol to clean because inferior alcohol may dissolve plastic parts like the focusing screen. And how do I know this? Well I dissolved the fine etchings on my Pentax ME Super focusing screen, and I had to have the screen replaced. Luckily with the MX, replacement of the focusing screen is easy to do yourself.