I have had EOS20D for two months, and otherwise this works

like a beauty, but when shooting combined RAW+JPEG, I can not

find the RAW images from the camera at all. Instead, I have

two times files for a shoot, but the other file has no extension

(.CR2) and its size implies that it is indeed a JPG, not the biggie

CR2.

Any suggestions? Is this some firmware/computer glitch, or a driver

or driver version problem?

If you can't find/view the .cr2 image files it could be the way your looking at them. The EOS file viewer or the Digital professional software will open the .cr2 files as a viewable image. You have to convert them from .cr2 using the EOS software in order to view/edit them using other imaging software.

Gentlemen, thank you for your input. I'm not quite sure I made my point clear enough... the problem is that when shooting RAW+JPEG combined, I get, for one click of the shutter two files (which is something you would expect), but the files are identical in size (which is not what you would expect), and the other file has no file type information (but it has the extension). Thus, by erasing everything in my CF and then shooting one click of RAW+JPEG, I will

have files

_MG_1234.jpg of type "Picture File" and of size e.g. 2,23meg

and

_MG_1234.jpg of no(!) type (the field is empty in the file explorer),

and the size is identical (2,23Meg).

I have the hunch that the second file might or should be the RAW file, but if so, the size and extension of that file sure are misleading. The size of the file is true in the sense that this

file is also shown in the command prompt of the operating system.

Is there something out of whack still in this setup?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I have the same problem. When I acquire the content from PC, I have two the same JPG files (eg. img_1795.jpg and img_1795 (1).jpg). I resolved this problem. I copy JPG files from card to my PC, delete JPG from card, text when I copy rest files from card, I have CR2 on my PC. When I copy CR2 files, when JPG are on card, I have only JPG files on my PC.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Had the same problem just now with my D70s. In fact it is an issue with the USB selection in camera. You need to set it to `mass storage` rather than `PTP` (as it was originally). Not sure exactly why, but this worked for me and now can transfer RAW+JPEG to computer from camera - not a hitch.

G