Hexar RF price

Well, you'll never get a new one for the $600 that someone quoted. Used

prices are $575 up. I believe original full retail for the outfit with 50mm and

flash was $1950. In the UK, you can still get a new outfit (with lens) for

UKP999 (around $1900), and in Europe outfits go for over $1000 on eBay.

Why, when production has stopped and they're still in demand, would

retailers sell off remaining stock cheaply?

Discontinued due to BAD marketing, mostly superior to the M7 except in the following areas, slightly noiser, different feel (subjective), and I think slightly heavier. Where the RF wins, top shutter speed 1/4000th, flash sync of 1/125 vs 1/45, built in motor apx 3 fps vs $600 for a Leica motor drive, and easy film loading.

They had a back focus issue that never existed in real life, mine had to be aligned to Leica lenses (see nemeng's site or Dante's for more info).

There is alot of them still new in box around, I would look for a slightly used one.

I bought my Hexar about a year ago, brand new in box with flash and f2 50mm lens, for $1300 U.S. Currently I don't see new Hexars available at any of my usual sources. Used cameras are also hard to find. The lenses are even scarcer. I would like to add a new Hexanon tele to my kit, but can't find any. I think that Hexar lenses are equal to Leica in performance and build quality as well as much cheaper. My recent web search has turned up nothing useful to me! Best regards, Bill

The Hexar RF has been discontinued - you won't find them at Adorama or B&H in the new equipment department. They may show up from time to time in the used department (check Keh.com consistently).

I bought my kit last year for about $900 and at that there were very few new ones left on the Market. But, what are they worth today? My feeling is that there are not enough on the market to make a market; so the price depends on how bad you want one (what you are willing to pay) and how well you can bargain.

My personal feeling is that over $1,000 for the kit would be a bit steep (I got mine for $900 last year) - and the body should go for say $600 or 700. For lenses, keep an eye at Keh.com and also check out koh.com (a camera store on Long Island, NY from where I got my 28 f/2.8 hexanon m (he may still have some available). I am now keeping my eye out for the 35 hexanon m, but haven't seen anything about that lens.

Anyway, good luck finding one and hope you enjoy when you do get it.

Cheers

First, the fabulous Hexar RF was discontinued last year, somewhere near the time of the merger with Minota. IMO, it was a pet project that got no support. Especially the back-focus debacle, where Konica management just put their collective ears over their collective heads and refused to listen or acknowledge that an issue existed.

Like I said in my last post, I think a lightly used Hexar RF can be found for $6-700 if you look hard enough or wait long enough. It'd be basically like new. Witness the LN one from KEH for $900 with the 50/2. (The 50/2 is worth $250-300 at "market" prices.)

There were 28/2.8, 90/2.8, and 50/2 lenses in the standard line, and a 60/1.2 LE lens. The Hexar RF also came in a LE version. They also made a 35/2 summicron copy and a 21-35/4 dual-lens in M mounts with the same superb build quality as the three original M-Hexanon's.

Skip

Frank, of course Konica-Minolta would honor the warranty. In USA, repairs are done at their facility in New Jersey. Konica-Minolta is a huge company with vast resources that continues to make cameras of all sorts. They are better equipped to support a warranty than many other camera companies.