Which Album do you use?

smittyatthebeach

I have heard a lot of photographers use the WHCC proof books. I don't like the idea of them being spiral, but I am willing to try it out for the less expensive weddings, or engagement shoots.

I also have wondered about the cornerstone proof album. I need to order them Only thing I have heard about cornerstone is they have lousy coustomer service. If anyone has any experience with them, maybe a review is in order.

I have had good experience with their(cornerstone) customer service. Had a problem with a book and they are replacing it no questions asked and made suggestions based on my needs to resolve. I am currently waiting on my first proof albums or I would give specifics. I use cornerstone & art leather. The only thing I didn't like about Art Leather is the Prelude Proof albums. I tried everything to get the images in, but couldn't do it. It was like a vacuum air tight seal that wouldn't be bothered with my petty pictures. I have had success with every other proof album I tried, but I have several of these on my shelf that are basically collecting dust. Every few months I take them out and try to insert images just to see how mad I can make myself.

I have been using General Products for about 20 years now -they have a decent {cheap!} flush album available that is easy to put together and a Reversible hand matted album that looks nice and is reasonably easy to assemble. I like dealing with them -they generally fix mistakes pretty quickly. I've only had a few bad experiences in over 20 years -not bad. Best regards -RichD

We also have used General Products for years. Exclusively for about 5 years now. Unrelated

to their products, we are experimenting with forbeyon to do the entire job in future.

Forbeyon's albums are the fully designed & printed coffee table type with a beautiful

selection of matching album covers, parent albums, bags and boxes. If successful, this

will get us out of the album assembly business. They also offer a full image correction

service as part of a complete package, which may also get us out of the labor intense "lab"

business.

We have sent forbeyon a selection of 90 full sized j-peg images via their ftp server, and

picked a album set to produce a compendium 12" X 12" wedding portfolio, and matching

8" X 8" & 4" X 4" parent sized copies. When the process is complete, I'll report back here

on the experience and results, so those interested in pursuing that kind of approach can

benefit from it.

Bryan,

For proofing, I use Albums Inc, specifically their Topflight 3 up 4x6 proof album. Even with a combination of film and digital photography, I provide the client with a set of proofs. I've been using Renaissance albums for several years, but I'll soon be switching to Leather Craftsmen for the flush mount option.

Stacy: Do you happen to use the 300 or 3500 series LC album? If so, how do you like it? If you're familiar with each one, which one do you prefer? The LC folks will be in Atlanta for a meet and greet 2/16/05, so I'm looking forward to seeing the product in person.

Thanks,

Duane

Duane- We do use the 3500 series quite often. Infact, I have 3 to design this week- we use the bind only service. The albums are very nice and very well put together. I also am having a two toned 11x14 album done for a studio sample- I can't wait to see it. It's going to be black on the spine and red on the cover- like their web site example.

We also use their fine art album which is popular with people who want something very simple. This is really my favorite album because the cover is so fantastic. I don't think you could go wrong with any of their products though. If you get a 300 series let me know how you like it...