Photostore in Istanbul?

arny raedts

Hi I'm flying to Istanbul for a short vacation/photoshoot next week

friday, and I'm looking for a good photo-equipment store. Is there a

store where I can get some SanDisk flash II memory cards for a good

price? Do I have to bargain over the price?

Thanx in advance... <br><br>

And sorry that I didn't mention this in my earlier request about

Istanbul.

In the Sirkeci area there are a lot of photo stores. There is a place called Hayyam Pasaji where you can find everything from dSLR's to used cameras from the 70s. Across the street on the way to spice bazaar you will find some more stores. You also get the best prices for film in Sirkeci. The best place to look is Atabay Merkez Is Hani on the main street. Impossible to decribe the location here but once you are in Sirkeci ask around and someone will show you. Sirkeci is located on the southern side of the golden horn, 2-3 minutes of walking distance from Eminonu.

Please note that you will not find anything at North American prices in Istanbul. I do not know how memory card prices there compare to European prices though.

I don't think there will be much room for bargain but if you pay in cash you may get some price reduction.

If I were you though I would get memory cards or other equipment I might need for the trip BEFORE I went to Istanbul. There is no guarantee that you will find what you need at a reasonable price. If you are staying for a short time it is not worh the risk. That being said, I am not familiar with memory cards. Maybe they can be bought at very good prices in Istanbul, I don't know.

If you are into shooting slides or B/W though (especially Provia, Velvia or Sensia) definitely look into Atabay Merkez Is Hani. There you can find these films at reasonable prices (for example Provia 400F for 7-8 Euros)

Berk,

Again, thank you very much!

I will buy a extra memory card here at home.

But you mentioned that I can find some good b/w film in istanbul, well I was looking for that too (it is hard to find some good fims where I live for a good price!

So I'm gonna look for the shops you mentioned and check them out!

Greetings,

Arny