Any of youse buy from kassiapeya on the bay?

Boy, Cupog is like the Czechoslovakia retro-dream camera store - a real look back to the shelves of Commie days. Even has a few Yashicas thrown in for those among us who somehow have hard currency in our pockets. That Autoflex sure looks nice - a 75mm 2.9 and linked focusing. The Czechs were something else when it came to innovation in the thirties. My Czech photographer friend insists that Rollei ripped off most of the good ideas the Bradac brothers and Meopta ever had. Could a been a contenda.

I imagine you will be happy with your Moskva. I use mine constantly. as for kassiapeya, I'm buying a camera now. Problem is it's not till after the sale you find out that they only acept instant transfer paypal, not credit card transactions. Since I just changed banks that is proving to be a pain.

But enjoy your MOSKVA. Maybe I just got a really great one but I find I do most of my 120 work with it now. More often than my Bronica, or Ciroflex.

Sorry about the delay in response. I passed out shortly after my post, awake again now.

Yes, Alan, I'm fairly whipsnap in my judgment. You seem trusting enough about him, so I go with gut reaction.

Jorn - I of course looked through Cupogs stuff, but he did not have what I wanted. The 5 I just bought appears very clean. Seller says it works correctly. His sales are many enough and feedback high enough. I will keep looking at Cupog as well.

Fedka seems to have little inventory lately.

Now I just need to find an Iskra that suits me. Pleased that the Moskva has the mask included as from what I have seen recently, when the rangefinders are "on", the Industrar lens is quite sharp, equally sharp as my Ciroflex. Having the 6x6/6x9 combo in one unit is a bonus. May pick up a second. Keep one as 6x6, one as 6x9 and still have room in pockets for film and keys. I have big pockets.

Peace.

Craig

Cupog has had a few nice items, like a Rolleiflex Standard, and a Contax S SLR w/ Biotar that I almost pulled the trigger on after Gene M's recent presentation here.

I'm torn on the issue of a Moskva 5 or an Ikonta. I'm a left eye shooter and I'm not sure if the viewfinder on the right side of the Moskva is for me.

Man, this thread couldn't have come at a better time for me as I am "this close" to buying a Fed 2 or 3 from *bay seller kassiapeya. I feel a little better about buying now.

One thing I noticed about this seller was that he/she tends to list the film spools as included with most RF cameras.

Thanks, all.

Hi CE, I bought a 1968 Kiev 4a from kassiapeya (who, incidentally, is a he not a she unless I am mistaken about the name Igor Kulinich). No problems, the camera was shipped quickly and was as advertised.

Another seller I have had a good experience with is rusantique. He sent me a FED 2 that was in better shape than described.

For whatever it's worth, speaking to the capabilities of the Moskva-5 when you have a good one, I posted a presentation recently based on a single 6x9 negative from my Moskva-5. My camera came from sovietfoto; camera, separate purchase of 6x6 mask, and shipping from Ukraine were about $72. I recently (finally) installed adapter bushings to allow using the camera on my tripod (the Russian tripod sockets are 3/8" x 16 tpi, instead of the 1/4" x 20 tpi that's standard in this country for cameras smaller than 4x5), and as I had suspected, found the elimination of camera movement from hand-held operation (with a fastest shutter of 1/250 on a 105 mm lens) finally showed what the Industar lens was capable of.<p>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=274489">Moskva-5 -- a real close-up</a>

yeh i got my kiev 4a from him, excellent jupiter8 lens that had a rear element looked like it had been cleaned with floor sander, and leaked light badly. still its all fixed up now with a mint jupiter 12 and brand new helios 103 (now thats a a lens!)so cant really grumble i suppose, as with all things buyer beware. all FSU gear is a gamble, what keeps us interested is that its so cheap.

My local (smallish city) photography store stocks the tripod socket conversion bushings. They have Manfrotto and half price knock-offs which look identical.

Shouldn't be hard to find one. I install them in all of my 3/8-16 size cameras, Rolleifix etc.

<a href="http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Tripods&cat2=Accessories&cat3=Bushings/Convertors&searchinfo=tripod&item_no=7">Adorama.com</a> also has tripod socket bushings from 1.95 for single, to a pack of 10 for 8.95; as well as some other variations. I'm thinking of getting some of these myself, my newly acquired Ikonta looks like it needs two.