4GB CF O.K. for 1D & 1D MKII?

cy_krajci

Not entirely sure about the 1D but I believe that 2GB is the max for that camera. 4GB is fine for the 1DMkII, but I advise getting the fastest CF you can to take advantage of the speed of that camera. I saw a Lexar 80x 4GB the other day; that sounds like just the ticket. See it at:

http://www.adorama.com/ILXCF804G.html?searchinfo=lexar%204gb&item_no=1

Here'z the info from Canon...

The EOS 1D can only accept up to 2Gb cards whereas the EOS 1D Mark II can accept any card with a capacity up to 2048GB that adheres to the Type I or Type II CompactFlash card standard, and is formatted with a FAT16 or FAT32 file system.

Due to the ever-increasing number of companies manufacturing and selling CompactFlash cards, we cannot test and evaluate all the different brands, sizes, and speeds of cards available in the retail market. Any card that adheres to the Type I or Type II CompactFlash card standard, and is formatted with a FAT16 file system, should work in your camera up through the 2GB (the limit of the FAT16 file system) size. Cards larger than 2GB will be formatted FAT16 and the camera will only be able to see 2GB worth of storage space.

End Quote