Digital vs. Film in the Leica World. A Statistical Analysis of User Preferences in Germany and the U.S.A

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Duh!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Going out to the Oman mountains tomorrow for taking pictures. I'll take both EOS 1V and Pro1.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not a statistician, but I do know enough statistics to say the following:

There's nothing wrong with the sample size. Seventy-nine trials is adequate for a study like this.

Applying Pearson's Chi Square test of independence, under the null hypothesis, chi square follows a chi square distribution with degrees of freedom=1. At the 95% level of confidence (the usually accepted amount), and since chi square is greater than 3.841 (it is 43.8), the data show that photography format (digital vs film) is dependent on the photographer's country of origin (Germany or USA).

There is no data submitted to support the conclusion that American and tiny-island fishmerman photographers are related in this regard.

If you have any argument it is with the "extrapolation" methodology. As someone already pointed out, anything on these web sites has been digitalized and likely color has been manipulated (either saturation or desaturation).

Thanks.

Allan

A statistical analysis of a sample of 2 W/NW Threads on the photo-net Leica

Two threads on photonet Leica are a valid sample to conclude differences in patterns of use in the USA vs Germany. Eugene, you should have stopped at "I'm not a statistician". That's the most accurate statement in your post.