CanoScan 8200F) with a Japanese computer (so it's possible I'm not

getting some basic information because of all the difficult Japanese

characters explaining everything). Anyway, I started scanning color

negatives and black and white film, both of which turned out fine

(other than dust!). Then I tried color slide film, and it came out

as a weird negative-looking image, or something that looks like its

been manipulated in photoshop. I don't know why it came out this

way -- is there a special setting I should be using to scan slides,

rather than negatives? Does it need to be scanned more than once?

Is there someway in Photoshop to fix it? (also kind of new to that

program too). I've tried searching the archives but have been

unable to locate anything to help me. I'd appreciate any helpful

advice concerning this. Cheers.<div>00B1QL-21714884.thumb.jpg.a13e3145a83a775adfd2901d6354b7bb.jpg</div>

Love the cat pic! Seems you still have the scanning software option set to scan 'negatives' which is why the b&w and colour negs came out ok (as positives), but the slide didnt (it came out as a negative!). You need to find a drop-down or checkbox that allows you to select 'slide' as the film input type. Should be easily resolved I would think - if you can figure it out from the japanese characters.

It's scanned as negative. I'm positive that the driver gives you an option to select "slide" as the scan type, only that you are not seeing it. As for getting this image corrected (sort of) in Photoshop, you can simply do Image-Adjustments-Invert. The image will look more or less normal, but you'll certainly have to fight all kinds of color casts. I advice you to check Canon's worldwide website to see if they offer the scan software in your native language. Good luck.

Hi - Thanks everyone. In terms of the scanner, we tried searching for anything English for it, but since it's been made for the Japanese market, we're a bit out of luck (foreign residents make up less than 1% of the population here, and the majority of those are not native English speakers). Anyway, I'll try to get someone to help me find what I'm looking for in the software. I actually like both examples of the cat (turned positive)the colors are a bit off from the original, but I think I like them better! Cheers.