Grasping at straws here - all indications (specification ratings,

inkjet set part #'s, warnings, threats, etc.) are that the Epson 2100

(220volt) will not work in the United States (120volt) - thus the

Epson 2200. BUT I have a high likelihood of relocating to the US in

the new year and wanted to make absolutely sure before I went about

selling my 2100 to someone here in 220voltland. I can guess all the

reasons why a 2100 would not work in the US, but perhaps someone can

add some facts to my theories. I am not opposed to selling it here,

just want to make sure that is what I need to do.

I am very sorry I gave the wrong answer. If you use 110 V equipment in Europe you ned a 220 to 110 V step down transformer. In your case it will be tho other way arount. And that's where the problem is, I don't know if there is a simple step up transformer.

Best way is to ask Epson USA to change the power supply in your machine. It's a routine job and shuld not cost much.

Thanks for your answers. I'll check with Epson on the power supply, but I am going to bet that selling it here is a better way to go. I am also worried about inks, as 2100 inks are not available in the US and 2200 inks are not recognized by the 2100. Don't want to have to import my own 2100 inks. Not sure why this printer specifically has two models based on region, while other printers seem to be able to negotiate the process with an external power supply. I noticed that the new Apple IMac is now doing regional (non-switchable) power supplies too. Bad sign.

Just get yourself a reverse converter 120V to 240V in any Radioshack in the States. Get at least 40W and you're in business. Costs about $40 or $50 as far as I can remember.

The only thing you need to worry about is the transport. Print heads are very delicate.

Also you will notice that the US is indeed the land of plenty. You will find more inks and papers than you will ever use. Papers are not the same size though.

Good luck

P.

• 4 months later...
I moved from the USA to the Middle East and took my 2200 with me. I purchase 2100 ink carts locally and use a transformer. Everything works fine. I don't understand why you can't do the same. You'll find that ink carts are almost 1/2 the price in the USA, so definately no advantage to importing 2100 carts from overseas.